A posthumous Michael Jackson album that tasks today’s top beatsmiths with bringing the King of Pop into the 21st century could easily have ended in disaster, as such ambitious projects often do. But the newly released Xscape largely avoids that fate thanks to songs like the Justin Timberlake-assisted “Love Never Felt So Good,” an update of an old 1983 cut.
The track hits the “Get Lucky” disco-revival sweet spot by blending Jackson’s signature styles with Timberlake’s polished The 20/20 Experience sound, though the Timberlake-Jackson ratio leans more toward 60/40. The accompanying music video, which premiered today, celebrates the successful collaboration in the most appropriate way: a dance tribute.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time