A naked man standing in the median of a busy Houston intersection kept a crowd of witnesses enthralled with his Beyoncé impression on Thursday. “He was doing the Beyoncé, the surf board, twerking, the Nae Nae. Every dance that’s out there right now, he was doing,” Chad Arceneaux told KHOU-TV after witnessing the event.
The man was allegedly high on embalming fluids as he danced nude in front of onlookers, including some small children. When the man’s family found out about the show that was going on, they brought clothes and ushered him as quickly as possible off the street corner.
“That’s embarrassing. He’s in the middle of the street,” said Carla Meyers, who identified herself as the man’s cousin. “Something is going on with him, evidently, because he never did that before.” She said the man had been getting high on embalming fluid, according to the New York Daily News. Meyers was horrified by her cousin’s actions, but also by the inaction of the gawkers who were too busy videotaping the public meltdown to seek help for the obviously troubled man. Police took the man to a hospital for a mental health evaluation. It’s unclear whether he faces charges for his actions.
[Via New York Daily News]
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.