Modern Family couple Mitchell Pritchett and Cameron Tucker are expected to tie the knot during the two-part finale of the television show, set to air on Wednesday. And to celebrate the milestone in the family comedy, ABC footed the bill for other couples to get married at New York’s City Hall on Monday.
The network covered the cost of marriage licenses and wedding ceremonies for couples who got married at the City Clerk’s office, which usually cost about $35.
Actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson, who plays Mitchell, and Eric Stonestreet, who plays Cameron, appeared on“Good Morning America” to talk about their characters’ upcoming wedding.
Ferguson, who recently married fellow actor Justin Mikita in July, said it has been “surreal” getting married onscreen so shortly after his own wedding.
“I got married in July, then I got engaged again in September and then married again just a few months ago, so I’m basically Elizabeth Taylor,” Ferguson said. “And having a lot of the same people at both weddings was fun!”
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate