Modern Family couple Mitchell Pritchett and Cameron Tucker are expected to tie the knot during the two-part finale of the television show, set to air on Wednesday. And to celebrate the milestone in the family comedy, ABC footed the bill for other couples to get married at New York’s City Hall on Monday.
The network covered the cost of marriage licenses and wedding ceremonies for couples who got married at the City Clerk’s office, which usually cost about $35.
Actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson, who plays Mitchell, and Eric Stonestreet, who plays Cameron, appeared on“Good Morning America” to talk about their characters’ upcoming wedding.
Ferguson, who recently married fellow actor Justin Mikita in July, said it has been “surreal” getting married onscreen so shortly after his own wedding.
“I got married in July, then I got engaged again in September and then married again just a few months ago, so I’m basically Elizabeth Taylor,” Ferguson said. “And having a lot of the same people at both weddings was fun!”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org