A senior engineer behind Nokia’s Pureview camera, a 41-megapixel behemoth that took smartphone imagery to new heights of crispness, has confirmed that he will be moving to Apple.
In a farewell tweet to the Nokia team, Ari Partinen wrote that he would “start a new chapter in Cupertino, California.” The move comes at a time of upheaval for Nokia as it completes a merger with Microsoft’s new mobile unit.
Nokia called Partinen its resident “camera expert” during a fashion photo shoot with one of his pixel-packing creations. Apple’s iPhone 5 currently packs a respectable 8 megapixel punch, a relative featherweight compared with Nokia’s Lumia 1020 smartphone.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears