A senior engineer behind Nokia’s Pureview camera, a 41-megapixel behemoth that took smartphone imagery to new heights of crispness, has confirmed that he will be moving to Apple.
In a farewell tweet to the Nokia team, Ari Partinen wrote that he would “start a new chapter in Cupertino, California.” The move comes at a time of upheaval for Nokia as it completes a merger with Microsoft’s new mobile unit.
Nokia called Partinen its resident “camera expert” during a fashion photo shoot with one of his pixel-packing creations. Apple’s iPhone 5 currently packs a respectable 8 megapixel punch, a relative featherweight compared with Nokia’s Lumia 1020 smartphone.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State