James Franco stopped by the Late Show With David Letterman Thursday and discussed the racy selfies he recently posted of himself on Instagram.
“James, why? Honest to god, why?” the host asked about the actor’s now infamous photographs, in which he nearly exposed himself.
The actor, who is currently appearing on Broadway in the stage adaptation of John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men, said he wanted to set the record straight about his motivations.
“There’s a lot to get straight here and I don’t even know if we have time,” said the actor, who is no stranger to social media scandals. “But to me, it’s just a fun thing. It’s something I don’t put a ton of thought into, but it gets a lot of attention. I have a lot of followers on Instagram.”
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy