James Franco stopped by the Late Show With David Letterman Thursday and discussed the racy selfies he recently posted of himself on Instagram.
“James, why? Honest to god, why?” the host asked about the actor’s now infamous photographs, in which he nearly exposed himself.
The actor, who is currently appearing on Broadway in the stage adaptation of John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men, said he wanted to set the record straight about his motivations.
“There’s a lot to get straight here and I don’t even know if we have time,” said the actor, who is no stranger to social media scandals. “But to me, it’s just a fun thing. It’s something I don’t put a ton of thought into, but it gets a lot of attention. I have a lot of followers on Instagram.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org