It’s a double reunion (of sorts) as The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Reg E. Cathey has joined the cast of Marvel’s upcoming Fantastic Four reboot.
Cathey is well-known for his roles as Norman Wilson on HBO’s The Wire and Freddy Hayes on Netflix’s House of Cards. According to THR, he’ll now be playing Dr. Storm, the scientist father of Johnny Storm/The Human Torch (played by Michael B. Jordan, who also appeared in The Wire) and Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman (played by Kate Mara, who also appeared in House of Cards).
The Marvel superhero film from 20th Century Fox will also feature Miles Teller as Reed Richard (aka Mr. Fantastic) and Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm (aka The Thing). The four younger actors make up the titular Four, who all gain superpowers after exposure to cosmic radiation.
Josh Trank is directing the film, which is slated for release next summer.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy