It’s a double reunion (of sorts) as The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Reg E. Cathey has joined the cast of Marvel’s upcoming Fantastic Four reboot.
Cathey is well-known for his roles as Norman Wilson on HBO’s The Wire and Freddy Hayes on Netflix’s House of Cards. According to THR, he’ll now be playing Dr. Storm, the scientist father of Johnny Storm/The Human Torch (played by Michael B. Jordan, who also appeared in The Wire) and Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman (played by Kate Mara, who also appeared in House of Cards).
The Marvel superhero film from 20th Century Fox will also feature Miles Teller as Reed Richard (aka Mr. Fantastic) and Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm (aka The Thing). The four younger actors make up the titular Four, who all gain superpowers after exposure to cosmic radiation.
Josh Trank is directing the film, which is slated for release next summer.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve