It’s a double reunion (of sorts) as The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Reg E. Cathey has joined the cast of Marvel’s upcoming Fantastic Four reboot.
Cathey is well-known for his roles as Norman Wilson on HBO’s The Wire and Freddy Hayes on Netflix’s House of Cards. According to THR, he’ll now be playing Dr. Storm, the scientist father of Johnny Storm/The Human Torch (played by Michael B. Jordan, who also appeared in The Wire) and Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman (played by Kate Mara, who also appeared in House of Cards).
The Marvel superhero film from 20th Century Fox will also feature Miles Teller as Reed Richard (aka Mr. Fantastic) and Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm (aka The Thing). The four younger actors make up the titular Four, who all gain superpowers after exposure to cosmic radiation.
Josh Trank is directing the film, which is slated for release next summer.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive