It’s a double reunion (of sorts) as The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Reg E. Cathey has joined the cast of Marvel’s upcoming Fantastic Four reboot.
Cathey is well-known for his roles as Norman Wilson on HBO’s The Wire and Freddy Hayes on Netflix’s House of Cards. According to THR, he’ll now be playing Dr. Storm, the scientist father of Johnny Storm/The Human Torch (played by Michael B. Jordan, who also appeared in The Wire) and Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman (played by Kate Mara, who also appeared in House of Cards).
The Marvel superhero film from 20th Century Fox will also feature Miles Teller as Reed Richard (aka Mr. Fantastic) and Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm (aka The Thing). The four younger actors make up the titular Four, who all gain superpowers after exposure to cosmic radiation.
Josh Trank is directing the film, which is slated for release next summer.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears