In Nintendo’s new social simulation game Tomodachi Life, you can do just about anything… but if you’re gay, you can’t get married.
The most recent simulation game from Nintendo allows users the chance to participate in all kinds of activities, from watching the sunset, to raising a baby, but one gamer pushed back on the opposite-sex limitations in the game by launching a social media campaign to persuade the company to change its mind.
Nintendo responded by saying it “never intended to make any form of social commentary,” but the statement has done nothing to quell the growing backlash from users.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com