In Nintendo’s new social simulation game Tomodachi Life, you can do just about anything… but if you’re gay, you can’t get married.
The most recent simulation game from Nintendo allows users the chance to participate in all kinds of activities, from watching the sunset, to raising a baby, but one gamer pushed back on the opposite-sex limitations in the game by launching a social media campaign to persuade the company to change its mind.
Nintendo responded by saying it “never intended to make any form of social commentary,” but the statement has done nothing to quell the growing backlash from users.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive