In Nintendo’s new social simulation game Tomodachi Life, you can do just about anything… but if you’re gay, you can’t get married.
The most recent simulation game from Nintendo allows users the chance to participate in all kinds of activities, from watching the sunset, to raising a baby, but one gamer pushed back on the opposite-sex limitations in the game by launching a social media campaign to persuade the company to change its mind.
Nintendo responded by saying it “never intended to make any form of social commentary,” but the statement has done nothing to quell the growing backlash from users.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption