The much-dreaded Polar Vortex is set to return to the midwest and east coast this week, bringing even more freezing temperatures to the winter-weary populace.
According to an alert from the National Weather service, the cold blast is set to arrive in the northern plains on Monday and spread to the east coast by Wednesday, bringing temperatures 10 to 30 degrees below normal for this time of year, USA Today reports.
The Midwest can expect high temperatures in the single digits this week, while the eastern corridor will see highs in the 20s and 30s and lows in the low teens. Alabama and Mississippi may see freezing temperatures by Thursday, Weather.com reports.
Oh, and there’s some snow on the horizon, too. The east coast from the Appalachians north-eastwards may see snowstorms as early as Wednesday.
(RELATED: Watch the Great Lakes freeze in time-lapse video)
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now