The much-dreaded Polar Vortex is set to return to the midwest and east coast this week, bringing even more freezing temperatures to the winter-weary populace.
According to an alert from the National Weather service, the cold blast is set to arrive in the northern plains on Monday and spread to the east coast by Wednesday, bringing temperatures 10 to 30 degrees below normal for this time of year, USA Today reports.
The Midwest can expect high temperatures in the single digits this week, while the eastern corridor will see highs in the 20s and 30s and lows in the low teens. Alabama and Mississippi may see freezing temperatures by Thursday, Weather.com reports.
Oh, and there’s some snow on the horizon, too. The east coast from the Appalachians north-eastwards may see snowstorms as early as Wednesday.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This