The much-dreaded Polar Vortex is set to return to the midwest and east coast this week, bringing even more freezing temperatures to the winter-weary populace.
According to an alert from the National Weather service, the cold blast is set to arrive in the northern plains on Monday and spread to the east coast by Wednesday, bringing temperatures 10 to 30 degrees below normal for this time of year, USA Today reports.
The Midwest can expect high temperatures in the single digits this week, while the eastern corridor will see highs in the 20s and 30s and lows in the low teens. Alabama and Mississippi may see freezing temperatures by Thursday, Weather.com reports.
Oh, and there’s some snow on the horizon, too. The east coast from the Appalachians north-eastwards may see snowstorms as early as Wednesday.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time