The much-dreaded Polar Vortex is set to return to the midwest and east coast this week, bringing even more freezing temperatures to the winter-weary populace.
According to an alert from the National Weather service, the cold blast is set to arrive in the northern plains on Monday and spread to the east coast by Wednesday, bringing temperatures 10 to 30 degrees below normal for this time of year, USA Today reports.
The Midwest can expect high temperatures in the single digits this week, while the eastern corridor will see highs in the 20s and 30s and lows in the low teens. Alabama and Mississippi may see freezing temperatures by Thursday, Weather.com reports.
Oh, and there’s some snow on the horizon, too. The east coast from the Appalachians north-eastwards may see snowstorms as early as Wednesday.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'