The much-dreaded Polar Vortex is set to return to the midwest and east coast this week, bringing even more freezing temperatures to the winter-weary populace.
According to an alert from the National Weather service, the cold blast is set to arrive in the northern plains on Monday and spread to the east coast by Wednesday, bringing temperatures 10 to 30 degrees below normal for this time of year, USA Today reports.
The Midwest can expect high temperatures in the single digits this week, while the eastern corridor will see highs in the 20s and 30s and lows in the low teens. Alabama and Mississippi may see freezing temperatures by Thursday, Weather.com reports.
Oh, and there’s some snow on the horizon, too. The east coast from the Appalachians north-eastwards may see snowstorms as early as Wednesday.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.