Nobody goes to a Britney Spears concert to be blown away by the dulcet quality of her live vocals — but even so, it doesn’t seem unreasonable to expect the pop superstar to mouth along to her own backing track.
And yet, viewers who flocked to Spears’ Las Vegas residency Piece of Me on Tuesday night were treated to a rare flub from the consummate performer, as she failed to sing into the microphone during a rendition of her Britney Jean song “Alien” — and the vocal track kept right on playing. Fortunately, all her fans know that she isn’t singing live in the first place, so it’s not exactly disillusioning — and in fairness, she was probably just too busy being iconic to be bothered.
Watch a fan video of the technical hiccup below.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World