Tony Goldwyn may stand in the Oval Office every week on the set of ABC’s Scandal, but the actor—who plays President Fitzgerald “Fitz” Grant on the hit show—called standing in the real deal “surreal.”
“I looked up to see if there were any cameras but I couldn’t find any,” the actor told TIME of his visit to the White House this week. “There’s also a ceiling in the real office—there’s no ceiling in ours.”
Goldwyn and many other Scandal cast members attended the TIME/People pre-White House Correspondents’ Dinner cocktail party on Friday. And though the actor who plays the show’s president says he drew inspiration for his character from Presidents Obama, Clinton and Kennedy, the person he’d most like to see as commander-in-chief was once a First Lady.
“[Hillary Clinton] is the most qualified candidate out there,” Goldwyn said. “She’s got the intelligence, she’s inspiring, and she’s tough.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org