Kerry Washington gave birth to a daughter on Monday, April 21, People Magazine reports, citing unnamed sources. The Scandal star and her husband, former San Francisco 49ers cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, named the baby girl Isabelle Amarachi.
Washington, 36, and Asomugha, 32, have been married for almost a year; they had a secret wedding last June. Washington revealed her baby bump in January when walking the red carpet for the Golden Globes, and Scandal went to great lengths to conceal her pregnancy behind oddly-placed lamps and plants on the show.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy