A former United States congressman who resigned his seat almost two decades ago after a statutory rape conviction has reportedly been arrested in Zimbabwe for allegedly violating immigration laws and possessing pornographic material.
Citing a former aide identified only as Sunny, the state-run Herald newspaper reports that former Rep. Melvin Reynolds had pornography he had shot with models in various hotel rooms, and owed more $24,000 in unpaid hotel bills. Reynold’s arrest was confirmed by the Associated Press.
The Illinois Democrat resigned his seat in 1995 after he was convicted of having sex with a 16-year old campaign volunteer.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time