A former United States congressman who resigned his seat almost two decades ago after a statutory rape conviction has reportedly been arrested in Zimbabwe for allegedly violating immigration laws and possessing pornographic material.
Citing a former aide identified only as Sunny, the state-run Herald newspaper reports that former Rep. Melvin Reynolds had pornography he had shot with models in various hotel rooms, and owed more $24,000 in unpaid hotel bills. Reynold’s arrest was confirmed by the Associated Press.
The Illinois Democrat resigned his seat in 1995 after he was convicted of having sex with a 16-year old campaign volunteer.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out