A former United States congressman who resigned his seat almost two decades ago after a statutory rape conviction has reportedly been arrested in Zimbabwe for allegedly violating immigration laws and possessing pornographic material.
Citing a former aide identified only as Sunny, the state-run Herald newspaper reports that former Rep. Melvin Reynolds had pornography he had shot with models in various hotel rooms, and owed more $24,000 in unpaid hotel bills. Reynold’s arrest was confirmed by the Associated Press.
The Illinois Democrat resigned his seat in 1995 after he was convicted of having sex with a 16-year old campaign volunteer.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving