A woman spent a night in a South Carolina jail for failing to return the VHS tape she had rented from a video store in 2005. The movie? Monster-in-Law.
Police arrested Kayla Michelle Finley Thursday on a misdemeanor for failing to return the video, WYFF-4 reports. She had rented the critically-derided Jennifer Lopez film from Dalton Videos, which like every other video store in the U.S. that doesn’t sell porn has gone out of business.
Finley, 27, was visiting the county sheriff’s office Thursday night on different business when they discovered the outstanding warrant for her arrest. She had been sent several letters years ago asking her to turn herself in. She had to spend the night in jail before a hearing could be arranged. The judge released her Friday on a $2,o00 bond.
In our opinion, they should probably let Finley off. She already had to suffer through Monster-In-Law nine years ago, and will forever be known as the woman who got arrested for watching one of the worst-rated movies on Rotten Tomatoes. Let’s hope the judge is forgiving — and that Finley remembered to rewind the tape.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time