A Tennessee woman was charged with first-degree murder on Monday, after the body of her 7-week-old baby was found in a ditch near Memphis over the weekend.
Aniston Walker had been reported missing since Jan. 9, according to the Associated Press, and the body and clothes of the body found on Sunday matched his description. Aniston’s mother Angela Walker has been charged with first-degree murder in the perpetration of a felony for aggravated child neglect and first-degree murder in the perpetration of a felony for aggravated child abuse.
When Aniston was first reported missing in January, Angela reportedly told police that the baby disappeared after she left the baby at home with her 3-year-old child when she took her 5-year-old child to school.
Angela has already pleaded not guilty to aggravated child abuse or neglect, charges for which she was free on $250,000 bond before she turned herself in on Monday. A motorcyclist discovered the body in a ditch on the side of a road in Millington, Tenn. on Sunday.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022