A Tennessee woman was charged with first-degree murder on Monday, after the body of her 7-week-old baby was found in a ditch near Memphis over the weekend.
Aniston Walker had been reported missing since Jan. 9, according to the Associated Press, and the body and clothes of the body found on Sunday matched his description. Aniston’s mother Angela Walker has been charged with first-degree murder in the perpetration of a felony for aggravated child neglect and first-degree murder in the perpetration of a felony for aggravated child abuse.
When Aniston was first reported missing in January, Angela reportedly told police that the baby disappeared after she left the baby at home with her 3-year-old child when she took her 5-year-old child to school.
Angela has already pleaded not guilty to aggravated child abuse or neglect, charges for which she was free on $250,000 bond before she turned herself in on Monday. A motorcyclist discovered the body in a ditch on the side of a road in Millington, Tenn. on Sunday.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com