Things are getting pretty dire right now in Maryvale, the Phoenix neighborhood that has become overrun with stray chihuahuas. They’re causin’ confusion and disturbing the peace. It’s not an illusion, they’re runnin’ the streets.
But not only are these rogue chihuahuas running wild, barking freely, defecating all over the place and harassing children who are just trying to walk to school, they also appear to be recruiting other, bigger dogs to run with their crew, My Fox Phoenix reports. Local animal control agencies have fielded thousands of calls from concerned citizens but are still struggling to get the situation under control. And the fact that these pooches aren’t spayed or neutered only exacerbates the issue.
Melissa Gable with Maricopa County Animal Care and Control has urged residents who spot any of these strays to contain them in their yards and then call animal control, who will then spay and neuter them, ABC News reports.
In the meantime, we propose the following solution: round up all the chihuahuas, teach them a choreographed song and dance number and then eventually get them an endorsement deal with Taco Bell. Stranger things have happened.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up