Alice Waters congratulated Noma on its recently-bestowed honor of world’s best restaurant.
“The wonderful thing that’s happening at Noma is they’re gathering people from around the world to think about food differently,” Waters, the chef and TIME 100 honoree, said at the TIME 100 gala in New York on Tuesday. The Copenhagen-based restaurant, was given the top spot by Restaurant magazine this week.
Even though Pope Francis, also a TIME 100 honoree and TIME’s 2013 Person of the Year, wasn’t in attendance Tuesday, Waters says he’s the honoree she’d most want to meet.
“I love that he wants to plant gardens on all the Vatican lands,” Waters said.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Lily Rothman at firstname.lastname@example.org