Alice Waters congratulated Noma on its recently-bestowed honor of world’s best restaurant.
“The wonderful thing that’s happening at Noma is they’re gathering people from around the world to think about food differently,” Waters, the chef and TIME 100 honoree, said at the TIME 100 gala in New York on Tuesday. The Copenhagen-based restaurant, was given the top spot by Restaurant magazine this week.
Even though Pope Francis, also a TIME 100 honoree and TIME’s 2013 Person of the Year, wasn’t in attendance Tuesday, Waters says he’s the honoree she’d most want to meet.
“I love that he wants to plant gardens on all the Vatican lands,” Waters said.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief