It turns out that former astronaut Mark Kelly has a party trick.
“I can juggle,” Kelly—who became an outspoken gun control advocate when his wife, former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, survived a 2011 shooting—said Tuesday during a brief interview at the TIME 100 Gala in New York.
Asked what he can juggle, he said, “anything.” Asked how many objects, he said three.
But space is the final frontier for juggling—he can’t really do it there.
“It hard to hold onto things,” he said. “But if you need to move a 600 lb object it’s good.”
Kelly said he was looking forward to meeting TIME 100 honoree Alfonso Cuarón at the gala. Kelly has seen and loved Gravity but hasn’t met the director.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement