It turns out that former astronaut Mark Kelly has a party trick.
“I can juggle,” Kelly—who became an outspoken gun control advocate when his wife, former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, survived a 2011 shooting—said Tuesday during a brief interview at the TIME 100 Gala in New York.
Asked what he can juggle, he said, “anything.” Asked how many objects, he said three.
But space is the final frontier for juggling—he can’t really do it there.
“It hard to hold onto things,” he said. “But if you need to move a 600 lb object it’s good.”
Kelly said he was looking forward to meeting TIME 100 honoree Alfonso Cuarón at the gala. Kelly has seen and loved Gravity but hasn’t met the director.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms