Early this morning, a giraffe named Tessa gave birth to a female calf at the Cincinnati Zoo. As it turns out, baby giraffes are really, really cute.
The healthy, 125-pound calf hasn’t received a name yet, and the zoo is currently accepting suggestions on its Facebook page. Personally, I’m feeling Ellie (full name: Eleanor Roosevelt), Maggie (full name: Margaret Thatcher), Leslie (full name: Leslie Knope), or Hillz (full name: Hillary Rodham Clinton.) I’d also be okay if she were named Banana Pudding. In fact, yes, I think we should definitely name her Banana Pudding.
The zoo is only taking suggestions through Tuesday, April 29, so act fast. They’ll announce the final four choices on May 1 for a public vote.
Just look at her, hanging out with her mom. Doesn’t she totally look like a Banana Pudding, or at least a Hillz?
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This