Take a look back at fifth and sixth generations of video game consoles in part two of our three-part video series (click here for part one; click here for part three). Hosted by yours truly, this installment features insight from TIME senior editor Matt Vella, Kotaku’s Stephen Totilo, IGN’s Greg Miller, Sony’s Scott Rohde, and Video Games New York’s Giulio Graziani.
Check back for part three, which launches Thursday, January 2.
- The History of Video Game Consoles: Part One
- The History of Video Game Consoles: Part Three
- Behind the Scenes: Xbox One Launch Event
- Behind the Scenes: The Launch of PlayStation 4
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now