Take a look back at fifth and sixth generations of video game consoles in part two of our three-part video series (click here for part one; click here for part three). Hosted by yours truly, this installment features insight from TIME senior editor Matt Vella, Kotaku’s Stephen Totilo, IGN’s Greg Miller, Sony’s Scott Rohde, and Video Games New York’s Giulio Graziani.
Check back for part three, which launches Thursday, January 2.
- The History of Video Game Consoles: Part One
- The History of Video Game Consoles: Part Three
- Behind the Scenes: Xbox One Launch Event
- Behind the Scenes: The Launch of PlayStation 4
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction