There’s a new reigning box office champion in town. Revenge comedy The Other Woman knocked down Captain America: The Winter Soldier after the Marvel action flick’s three weeks at the top, as the appeal of co-stars Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Kate Upton managed to rake in $24.7 million in its opening weekend. The Other Woman’s audience was reportedly 75 percent women, faring more than adequately despite receiving a paltry 25 percent positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Captain America’s $16 million this week was good enough for second place, while Heaven is for Real placed third at $13 million. Rio 2‘s $13 million and Brick Mansion‘s $9 million round out the top five.
- Introducing the TIME100 Climate List
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time