The decision could bring the end of a nine-month peace effort backed by the U.S. Those talks were set to end April 29, though negotiators have been trying to extend them.
The rival Palestinian political factions announced their reconciliation deal Wednesday. Their deal came seven years after the two factions violently split, with Hamas retaining control of the Gaza Strip and the Palestinian Authority ruling in the West Bank.
“What has happened is a great reverse for peace,” Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told NBC News Thursday.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer