Meg Ryan will narrate the mom on the How I Met Your Mother spinoff How I Met Your Dad.
Meg Ryan’s role will mirror that of Bob Saget from the original CBS series, Deadline reports. Saget was the voice of future Ted (present Ted was played by Josh Radnor) on HIMYM. Meg Ryan will do the same for future Sally. Present Sally will be played by Greta Gerwig.
Don’t expect Ryan to be making any “I’ll have what she’s having” cameos on the show. Saget never actually appeared on HIMYM, and future Ted, when we finally saw him, was played by Radnor. The same will likely be true for Sally in the spinoff.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Eliana Dockterman at email@example.com