After TIME selected them as one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World, Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele joke that they may have peaked early.
Despite the duo’s combined 11 years on MADtv and numerous television and film roles, they didn’t become household names until 2012 when their eponymous sketch-comedy show “Key & Peele” debuted on Comedy Central in 2012.
Now that they have been called out for their influence, they say are honored, and a bit surprised: “I was curious who numbers 2 through 100 would be,” Peele said. False braggadocio aside, the pair are both humble and hilarious.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out