MØ won’t release her debut LP No Mythologies To Follow until March, but the Danish singer already knows how to appeal to pop fans around the world: Make a killer Spice Girls cover.
The up-and-coming pop star Karen Marie Ørsted, who performs as MØ, took the UK girl group’s “Say You’ll Be There” and re-worked it as a hypnotic slow jam.
MØ recently told Billboard that the Spice Girls were the first group she ever bought an album from: “I felt like they were talking to my soul,” she said. And she hit the nail on the head: this sultry re-imagining of the 1996 Spice Girls hit speaks to ours.
Dance at your desk as you trip down memory lane with the original video:
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time