The Pretty Woman star and the Top Chef host are quietly dating, PEOPLE reports.
Gere is currently shooting his latest movie Time Out of Mind in New York, where the TV personality lives. “They’re just getting to know each other,” a source told PEOPLE. “They’re not sure where it’s going yet.”
The alleged relationship comes eight months after the actor, 64, and his wife of 11 years, Carey Lowell, announced their split. The couple have a 14-year-old son named Homer James Jigme Gere.
Lakshmi was also married before, to the renowned novelist Salman Rushdie. More recently, Lakshmi dated billionaire Teddy Forstmann before he died of brain cancer in 2011.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow