Remember that time Macklemore, who took home this year’s Best Rap Album Grammy, sent Kendrick Lamar a text after the show telling him he was “robbed” and should have won?
“It’s weird and sucks that I robbed you. I was gonna say that during the speech. Then the music started playing during my speech, and I froze,” he wrote in the text, which he then posted on his Instagram account . “Anyway, you know what it is. Congrats on this year and your music. Appreciate you as an artist and as a friend. Much love.”
Well, turns out some people had a lot of feelings about that text. Especially Drake. In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, the rapper wrote the whole thing off, declaring it “wack as f—.” He continued:
But the thing is, now Drake feels robbed too. “To name just Kendrick? That shit made me feel funny,” he said. “No, in that case, you robbed everybody. We all need text messages!”
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart