Remember that time Macklemore, who took home this year’s Best Rap Album Grammy, sent Kendrick Lamar a text after the show telling him he was “robbed” and should have won?
“It’s weird and sucks that I robbed you. I was gonna say that during the speech. Then the music started playing during my speech, and I froze,” he wrote in the text, which he then posted on his Instagram account . “Anyway, you know what it is. Congrats on this year and your music. Appreciate you as an artist and as a friend. Much love.”
Well, turns out some people had a lot of feelings about that text. Especially Drake. In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, the rapper wrote the whole thing off, declaring it “wack as f—.” He continued:
But the thing is, now Drake feels robbed too. “To name just Kendrick? That shit made me feel funny,” he said. “No, in that case, you robbed everybody. We all need text messages!”
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma