Quitting your job can be awkward and difficult, and not everybody has the resources to do it with a flashy viral video. But a new app is here to help, allowing you to break the news to your boss with a simple text message.
Say hello to the simply-titled Quit Your Job app, available now for iPhone. Designed by the same guy who brought us BreakUp Text, this app is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, of course, but could also be legitimately useful if your boss has a really great sense of humor.
Here’s the description:
Once you install the app and decide it’s quittin’ time, you’ll be prompted to select one of three reasons for resignation: I’m sick of the corporate world, I want to get rich, or I found a new job. After that, you sit back and let technology do what you were too scared to do in person.
The team behind BreakUp Text teamed with job-matching company TheLadders to produce this one — so after you send your resignation text, you’ll then be prompted to begin searching for a new position. And if you decide you hate that one too, you can just fire up the app and do it all over again.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org