Quitting your job can be awkward and difficult, and not everybody has the resources to do it with a flashy viral video. But a new app is here to help, allowing you to break the news to your boss with a simple text message.
Say hello to the simply-titled Quit Your Job app, available now for iPhone. Designed by the same guy who brought us BreakUp Text, this app is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, of course, but could also be legitimately useful if your boss has a really great sense of humor.
Here’s the description:
Once you install the app and decide it’s quittin’ time, you’ll be prompted to select one of three reasons for resignation: I’m sick of the corporate world, I want to get rich, or I found a new job. After that, you sit back and let technology do what you were too scared to do in person.
The team behind BreakUp Text teamed with job-matching company TheLadders to produce this one — so after you send your resignation text, you’ll then be prompted to begin searching for a new position. And if you decide you hate that one too, you can just fire up the app and do it all over again.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow