I am he as you are he as you are me and we can buy the drawings from the Walrus himself.
Sotheby’s New York on June 4 will be auctioning off John Lennon’s drawings, poetry, and stories he created while touring with the Beatles. The doodles fall on the surrealist side with potbellied men walking other humanoid creatures, a giant Sherlock Holmes inspecting a tiny suspect, and a very hairy Snow White ready to bite into her apple.
The drawings and manuscripts haven’t seen the light of day for decades after spending almost the past 50 years in the personal archive of Lennon’s London publisher, but now you can catch a glimpse into the mind of the eggman. Goo goo g’joob.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Why Pence Launched His Presidential Bid in Iowa
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk