If you’re bachelor with cash to spare, you should stay away from women names Jennifer, according to a sexist and highly suspect new survey. DirtSearch.org, a background check service, skimmed through their data to find the most-searched female names on their site that had petty crime records. Then the good people at Dirt Search decided that women who’d had trouble with the law must surely be gold diggers and took it upon themselves to warn wealthy men to be on the look out for Jennifers, Jessicas and other suspiciously named women.
The Daily Mail published the list of most common “gold digger” names as follows:
Sorry, J-Law, J Woww and Jennifer Aniston. Looks like you’re not going to be able to fulfill your dreams of marrying rich. Husbands of Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Garner and Jennifer Connelly: I hope you got a prenup. All other Jennifers: don’t even try to get on Millionaire Matchmaker this season.
One more note: the DirtSearch list is pretty close to the most popular women’s names from 1985. (I chose that year randomly—women born that year would be 29 now. I’m fairly certain if you cross reference this list with other years around the age, you would find a similar overlap.) I’ve bolded the names that are on both lists. Turns out the most-searched names on a background check website also were the most popular girl baby names in the mid-1980s.
So maybe don’t breakup with your girlfriend named Jennifer quite yet, men.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time