If you’re using Gmail and you’re tired of all the reply-alls coming in for a certain message, here’s what to do:
1. Select the message, and then click the More button in the upper right-hand corner, and then Mute.
2. Future replies will skip your inbox, though you won’t actually be removed from the message. To get the message back, look for it under All Mail or search for it using Gmail’s search tool.
3. There’s a similar feature for certain versions of Outlook — sometimes called Ignore — so check with your IT person (or search the web for it) to see if it’ll work.
More 30-Second Tech Tricks:
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Delete Your Facebook Account
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Extend Your iPhone Battery
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Unsend Email with Gmail
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Charge Your Phone Faster
- All 30-Second Tech Tricks
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022