If you’re using Gmail and you’re tired of all the reply-alls coming in for a certain message, here’s what to do:
1. Select the message, and then click the More button in the upper right-hand corner, and then Mute.
2. Future replies will skip your inbox, though you won’t actually be removed from the message. To get the message back, look for it under All Mail or search for it using Gmail’s search tool.
3. There’s a similar feature for certain versions of Outlook — sometimes called Ignore — so check with your IT person (or search the web for it) to see if it’ll work.
More 30-Second Tech Tricks:
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Delete Your Facebook Account
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Extend Your iPhone Battery
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Unsend Email with Gmail
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Charge Your Phone Faster
- All 30-Second Tech Tricks
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive