If you’re using Gmail and you’re tired of all the reply-alls coming in for a certain message, here’s what to do:
1. Select the message, and then click the More button in the upper right-hand corner, and then Mute.
2. Future replies will skip your inbox, though you won’t actually be removed from the message. To get the message back, look for it under All Mail or search for it using Gmail’s search tool.
3. There’s a similar feature for certain versions of Outlook — sometimes called Ignore — so check with your IT person (or search the web for it) to see if it’ll work.
More 30-Second Tech Tricks:
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Delete Your Facebook Account
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Extend Your iPhone Battery
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Unsend Email with Gmail
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Charge Your Phone Faster
- All 30-Second Tech Tricks
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time