If you’re using Gmail and you’re tired of all the reply-alls coming in for a certain message, here’s what to do:
1. Select the message, and then click the More button in the upper right-hand corner, and then Mute.
2. Future replies will skip your inbox, though you won’t actually be removed from the message. To get the message back, look for it under All Mail or search for it using Gmail’s search tool.
3. There’s a similar feature for certain versions of Outlook — sometimes called Ignore — so check with your IT person (or search the web for it) to see if it’ll work.
More 30-Second Tech Tricks:
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Delete Your Facebook Account
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Extend Your iPhone Battery
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Unsend Email with Gmail
- 30-Second Tech Trick: How to Charge Your Phone Faster
- All 30-Second Tech Tricks
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World