City Wildlife’s rehabilitation center in Washington D.C. posted images this week of a baby squirrel in colored casts after it fell 75 feet from its perch in a tree onto the concrete sidewalk below. Found by a private citizen on April 8, she is expected to be fully healed in about a month, The TODAY Show reports.
And here’s another angle via WTOP:
The organization told The TODAY Show that a number of these injuries occur this time of year as the young ones try to explore life outside of the nest. In fact, maybe this one was trying to get a better view of the cherry blossoms.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List