City Wildlife’s rehabilitation center in Washington D.C. posted images this week of a baby squirrel in colored casts after it fell 75 feet from its perch in a tree onto the concrete sidewalk below. Found by a private citizen on April 8, she is expected to be fully healed in about a month, The TODAY Show reports.
And here’s another angle via WTOP:
The organization told The TODAY Show that a number of these injuries occur this time of year as the young ones try to explore life outside of the nest. In fact, maybe this one was trying to get a better view of the cherry blossoms.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement