The Salvadoran who claims that he spent over a year adrift in the Pacific Ocean returned home late on Tuesday, after a week of rest and medical treatment in the Marshall Islands.
José Salvador Alvarenga’s 14-year-old daughter didn’t remember ever seeing her father, who left to fish in Mexico when she was only one-year-old, but greeted him with an archway of palms over the front door and a sign reading: “Welcome.”
While many have doubted the 37-year-old’s incredible story, experts have attested that it would be possible to survive through his ordeals, and details emerged over several days seem to corroborate the horrible journey.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time