If you have ever been lonely after a good friend has moved away, then you’ll understand what one giant panda in southwest China is going through. Sijia has reportedly been depressed and not eating well since Meixi, her best friend for six months, left. So as a consolation, the staff at Yunnan Wild Animal Park set up parallel bars, swings, a climbing apparatus, and a flat screen TV that “plays video footage of her and her old companion,” according to The Telegraph. Now she is reportedly playing on her own more and more without any prodding.
Watch her play in this NBC video:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far