Presented with Founding Partner UBS, the multi-day event series will convene leaders and changemakers to drive social impact
(New York, NY—August 7) The first-ever TIME Impact House—a dedicated space to convene and facilitate meaningful action and drive impactful change—debuts today in Martha’s Vineyard.
Presented with Founding Partner UBS, the world’s leading global wealth manager, the first TIME Impact House in Martha’s Vineyard will convene leaders committed to social impact from across business, philanthropy, technology, entertainment, education, sports, the arts and more. During the week of August 7, the TIME Impact House will feature editorial programming and conversations focused on advancing inclusive growth, systems change, and equity-centered approaches to philanthropy. Notable events and featured speakers will include:
- A TIME100 Talk on the topic of Black women leading the future of impact featuring the CEO of New Profit Tulaine Montgomery.
- The Advancing Change at Scale Dinner featuring remarks from 11-time Olympic medalist & co-founder and president of Saysh Allyson Felix, CEO of Black Innovation Alliance Kelly Burton, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Esusu Wemimo Abbey, and more.
- Community Conversations with social impact innovators, including the Founder and Managing Partner of 1863 Ventures Melissa Bradley, CEO of Vote.org Andrea Hailey, CEO of All Raise Paige Hendrix Buckner, CEO of New Profit Tulaine Montgomery and Founder and CEO, BrightUp Valerie Mosley, and National Director of Community Impact of Ballmer Group Eshauna Smith.
- Chef JJ Johnson, James Beard Award-winning chef and author of The Simple Art of Rice, will serve as the Culinary Advisor for the TIME Impact House and will curate a menu reflective of his signature cooking style combining culturally relevant ingredients and classical technique with a global point of view.
“With the TIME Impact House, we are building intimate, highly productive spaces that allow the world's biggest changemakers to convene and come together around the shared mission of impact,” said TIME Chief Marketing Officer Sadé Muhammad. “We are thrilled to work with UBS on this first-of-its-kind partnership to promote economic access and a more equitable future for all.”
“At UBS, we are focused on developing an impact economy anchored in inclusive growth – one that ensures all communities are sustainable and thrive,” said Jamie Sears, UBS Co-Head of Social Impact and Philanthropy in the US. “We are excited for the opportunity to partner with TIME to gather a powerful and diverse community of social investors and cross-sector leaders, and to be able to create a program to share ideas, uncover ways to collaborate and find innovative solutions to accelerate social impact at scale.”
“We are thrilled to be the founding partner of the TIME Impact House and for the inaugural event to be held in Martha’s Vineyard— a unique place that has long been a summer haven for Black and multicultural communities,” added Melinda Hightower, UBS Head of Multicultural Strategic Client Segments.
The TIME Impact House in Martha’s Vineyard is presented with Founding Partner UBS, with support from Meta and contributions by La Fête Wine Company, Moet Hennessy and PVOGLOBAL.
The TIME Impact House is the newest offering from TIME’s robust and growing global live events division, which convenes dynamic leaders from every sector, including members of the TIME100 community, with the mission to drive impact. In 2023, TIME will execute a record number of industry-leading events in cities from Davos to Dallas to Dubai, including the TIME100 Gala and Summit, the Women of the Year Gala, the first-ever TIMECO2 Earth Awards, the TIME100 Impact Awards, which will expand to Israel and Africa for the first time this year, and more, as well as custom events—with offerings including the TIME Impact House, TIME100 Talks and others.
For coverage of the TIME Impact House in Martha’s Vineyard, visit TIME.com.
TIME is the 100-year-old global media brand that reaches a combined audience of over 120 million around the world through its iconic magazine and digital platforms. With unparalleled access to the world's most influential people, the trust of consumers and partners globally, and an unrivaled power to convene, TIME's mission is to tell the essential stories of the people and ideas that shape and improve the world. Today, TIME also includes the Emmy Award®-winning film and television division TIME Studios; a significantly expanded live events business built on the powerful TIME100 and Person of the Year franchises and custom experiences; TIME for Kids, which provides trusted news with a focus on news literacy for kids and valuable resources for teachers and families; the award-winning branded content studio Red Border Studios; an industry-leading web3 division; the website-building platform TIME Sites; the sustainability and climate action platform TIME CO2; the new e-commerce and content platform TIME Stamped, and more.
UBS convenes the global ecosystem for investing, where people and ideas are connected and opportunities brought to life, and provides financial advice and solutions to wealthy, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as to private clients in Switzerland. UBS offers investment solutions, products and impactful thought leadership, is the leading global wealth manager, provides large-scale and diversified asset management, focused investment banking capabilities, and personal and corporate banking services in Switzerland. The firm focuses on businesses that have a strong competitive position in their target markets, are capital efficient and have an attractive long-term structural growth or profitability outlook.
UBS is present in all major financial centers worldwide. It has offices in more than 50 regions and locations, with about 30% of its employees working in the Americas, 30% in Switzerland, 19% in the rest of Europe, the Middle East and Africa and 21% in Asia Pacific. UBS Group AG employs more than 72,000 people around the world. Its shares are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time