Singapore’s Changi has regained its title as the world’s best airport, after losing its long-held crown to Qatar for two years running during the height of pandemic travel restrictions.
The Asian hub edged Doha’s Hamad International Airport into second place, with Tokyo’s Haneda Airport bagging third, in the Skytrax World Airport Awards 2023. The U.S. was conspicuous by its absence in the top 10.
Paris Charles de Gaulle was Europe’s top performer, up one spot to fifth place, while Seattle-Tacoma International Airport was the highest ranked North American airport, languishing in 18th position — but an improvement from 27th place last year.
In other moves:
- New York’s JFK fell three spots to 88th place
- China’s Shenzhen leaped 26 places to 31 — two above Hong Kong
- Melbourne was the top Australian airport in 19th place, up from 26 last year
- London Heathrow dropped nine places to 22nd
“Changi Airport is honored to be named World’s Best Airport for the twelfth time,” said Lee Seow Hiang, Chief Executive Officer for Changi Airport Group. “This recognition is great encouragement to our airport community, who stood firmly together to battle the challenges of Covid-19 over the past two years.”
The Skytrax World Airport Awards are determined by customer satisfaction survey.
These are the World’s Best Airports of 2023, along with their 2022 rankings:
- Singapore Changi (3)
- Doha Hamad (1)
- Tokyo Haneda (2)
- Seoul Incheon (5)
- Paris Charles de Galle (6)
- Istanbul (8)
- Munich (7)
- Zurich (9)
- Tokyo Narita (4)
- Madrid Barajas (16)
- Vienna (19)
- Helsinki-Vantaa (11)
- Rome Fiumicino (24)
- Copenhagen (17)
- Kansai (10)
- Centrair Nagoya (12)
- Dubai (14)
- Seattle-Tacoma (27)
- Melbourne (26)
- Vancouver (28)
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time