Ian Orefice, President and COO of TIME and TIME Studios, sent the following note to staff Tuesday:
I am delighted to share that TIME Studios’ jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy has received a Primetime Emmy nomination for Outstanding Documentary Series. The winners of the 74th Primetime Emmy Awards will be announced in September.
This marks TIME’s fourteenth Emmy nomination, and third Primetime Emmy nomination in recent years.
Directed and produced by renowned filmmakers Coodie and Chike, jeen-yuhs is a groundbreaking project that was more than two decades in the making. What began as a courageous and inspiring journey with Coodie as Kanye West launched his solo career was released in February on Netflix to global success.
We are incredibly proud of Coodie and Chike and honored to have had the opportunity to support them and their amazingly talented team at Creative Control. A special thanks to Netflix and all of our partners that made jeen-yuhs the global phenomenon that it has become.
From TIME Studios, Jeen-yuhs was developed by Rebecca Teitel and Executive Produced by Mike Beck, Alexa Conway and Rebecca with Lynne Benioff as Co-Executive Producer. Like every great TIME project, countless people across departments were instrumental in the film’s success.
Congratulations to everyone who played a role in bringing jeen-yuhs to life!
As we get closer to TIME’s 100th birthday, jeen-yuhs and this latest Emmy nomination are another reflection of TIME’s impact and innovation as well as our team’s influence around the world.
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement