Like much of the country, Portland, Ore., has been hit with a massive snow storm. Unlike much of the country, in Portland, snow is a rare occurrence for the city and its residents are still entranced by the Christmas card appeal of a snow-covered street. Their wide-eyed innocence to the truly insidious nature of snow even leads some of them to entertain the notion of jogging. Outdoors. In winter.
A pair of runners in expensive-looking tracksuits were interviewed by local news reporters as they jogged along a snow-blanketed street. “It’s the perfect texture for running,” noted the woman. “Very low impact, and it’s dry so your feet don’t get wet.”
As the joggers head off on their healthy, exercising way, in an irony custom-made for the Internet (or French comedies), the woman wiped out in the snow immediately after blissfully extolling its virtues.
If you feel bad about laughing at her, don’t worry. According to an interview with the woman in Deadspin, her parents are making fun of her, too.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com