This Sept. 25 at 1 p.m. ET, join TIME as we bring you Global Citizen Live, a worldwide, 24-hour concert aiming to defend the planet from climate change, put an end to global poverty and end the pandemic, with performances across six continents from music legends ranging from Billie Eilish to Elton John to Metallica (see a full list of performing artists here). Concerts will be held in New York City, London, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos and more.
Global Citizen Live is organized by Global Citizen, an international advocacy organization working to help people “learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions—as part of a global community committed to lasting change.”
TIME is a broadcast partner for Global Citizen Live.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy