This Sept. 25 at 1 p.m. ET, join TIME as we bring you Global Citizen Live, a worldwide, 24-hour concert aiming to defend the planet from climate change, put an end to global poverty and end the pandemic, with performances across six continents from music legends ranging from Billie Eilish to Elton John to Metallica (see a full list of performing artists here). Concerts will be held in New York City, London, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos and more.
Global Citizen Live is organized by Global Citizen, an international advocacy organization working to help people “learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions—as part of a global community committed to lasting change.”
TIME is a broadcast partner for Global Citizen Live.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate