Tampa Bay Lightning forward Ryan Malone was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with cocaine possession and driving under the influence.
The 34-year-old N.H.L. left wing was arrested by Tampa police at 5:40 a.m. local time Saturday and is being held on $2,500 bond, reports the Tampa Bay Times.
“We are aware of the situation concerning Ryan Malone this morning,” Tampa Bay Lightning General Manager Steve Yzerman said in a statement. “Ryan will not travel with the team to Washington today, but beyond that we cannot comment further at this time.”
Malone has scored just five goals and racked up 15 points in 57 games played this season, an underwhelming performance compared to previous years. He was recently demoted to the Lightning’s fourth line and has a year left in his contract with the team.
Malone has also had seven traffic violations since June and an April 30 court date for driving with a suspended license.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022