Tampa Bay Lightning forward Ryan Malone was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with cocaine possession and driving under the influence.
The 34-year-old N.H.L. left wing was arrested by Tampa police at 5:40 a.m. local time Saturday and is being held on $2,500 bond, reports the Tampa Bay Times.
“We are aware of the situation concerning Ryan Malone this morning,” Tampa Bay Lightning General Manager Steve Yzerman said in a statement. “Ryan will not travel with the team to Washington today, but beyond that we cannot comment further at this time.”
Malone has scored just five goals and racked up 15 points in 57 games played this season, an underwhelming performance compared to previous years. He was recently demoted to the Lightning’s fourth line and has a year left in his contract with the team.
Malone has also had seven traffic violations since June and an April 30 court date for driving with a suspended license.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time