When the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater suspended all classes and locked down its campus last month in response to the coronavirus, many students went home.
Not Luca Petrogalli. The 19-year old freshman is from the city of Turin in northern Italy, which is also locked down as the country fights to prevent the further spread of coronavirus. As The Daily Dot reports, going home to Italy wasn’t an option, so Petrogalli stayed on campus by himself. However, he managed to keep busy with TikTok.
On TikTok, he has been documenting his life as a coronavirus castaway of sorts, as a lone resident of the empty campus.
Keep up to date with our daily coronavirus newsletter by clicking here.
He captures what it’s like living in an otherwise empty dorm, but he is trying to make the best of it.
This lonely video is just missing a tumbleweed rolling through.
Since Petrogalli appears to have the entire dorm to himself, when he decided that he was tired of walking to the bathroom every morning, he just moved inside. Who is there to complain?
He also found a creative way to not miss his friends who would normally be filling the dorm with noise and action, printing out their photos and sticking them up on the walls.
Please send any tips, leads, and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart