A thoughtful son found a way to lift his mother’s spirits after the assisted living facility she calls home instated a lockdown because of COVID-19, or the coronavirus, by serenading her and her friends on his guitar.
In a tweet posted by Jenny DeLoach, the daughter of the man and the granddaughter of the woman, she recounts how she found her father cheering up her grandmother and her friends by playing music for them outside of their windows.
“My grandma’s living facility is on lockdown; I went to drop off some things for her & found my dad serenading her & her friends on his guitar since he couldn’t come in to visit,” she wrote in a tweet caption alongside a photo of her father performing and her grandmother and other residents listening from balconies and windows of the facility.
The tweet has received over 43k likes and 5k retweets since it was posted on Monday, showing that even in times of uncertainty like now, a little kindness can go a long way. See the living facility’s performance below.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.