A thoughtful son found a way to lift his mother’s spirits after the assisted living facility she calls home instated a lockdown because of COVID-19, or the coronavirus, by serenading her and her friends on his guitar.
In a tweet posted by Jenny DeLoach, the daughter of the man and the granddaughter of the woman, she recounts how she found her father cheering up her grandmother and her friends by playing music for them outside of their windows.
“My grandma’s living facility is on lockdown; I went to drop off some things for her & found my dad serenading her & her friends on his guitar since he couldn’t come in to visit,” she wrote in a tweet caption alongside a photo of her father performing and her grandmother and other residents listening from balconies and windows of the facility.
The tweet has received over 43k likes and 5k retweets since it was posted on Monday, showing that even in times of uncertainty like now, a little kindness can go a long way. See the living facility’s performance below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization