The Internet can be a source of anxiety, strife, and discord, but in some instances, it can also be a place to find community, as evidenced by the outpouring of support inspired by the life of one Marnie the Dog.
Marnie, an 18.5 Shih Tzu rescue dog, who was adopted at the ripe age of 11, has 1.8 million followers on Instagram, most of whom are concerned about her health. In a photo and caption posted by her owner, Shirley Braha, fans were reassured that Marnie is currently taking it “day by day,” although “time is not on our side.”
Braha noted that Marnie’s declining health is one of the side effects of adopting a senior dog and encouraged her followers to be ready for whatever course Marnie’s well-being takes.
“I’m beyond grateful Marnie has made it this far, but I also understand that part of being a senior dog adopter and advocate is knowing when to let them go,” she wrote. “I’ve been preparing myself emotionally and logistically, and I know some of you love Marnie like she is your own, so let’s prepare for that collectively.”
See the full post on Marnie the support shown for her online, below.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now