Two people were killed and four injured in a shooting at a bar in Hartsville, S.C., early Sunday, officials said.
The shooting occurred at a Hartsville bar named Mac’s Lounge, Hartsville Police Department public information officer Lauren Baker confirmed. Police were called to the scene at 1:59 a.m., the Hartsville Police Department said in a statement.
Two suspects are now in custody, police announced Monday.
The four people injured are being treated at local hospitals, police said. South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and the U.S. Marshalls are taking part in the investigation.
The officials did not comment on the shooter’s motive.
The business serves as a sports bar and musical venue, according to its Facebook page.
Hartsville is in northeastern South Carolina, about 21 miles from the city of Florence.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms