Two people were killed and four injured in a shooting at a bar in Hartsville, S.C., early Sunday, officials said.
The shooting occurred at a Hartsville bar named Mac’s Lounge, Hartsville Police Department public information officer Lauren Baker confirmed. Police were called to the scene at 1:59 a.m., the Hartsville Police Department said in a statement.
Two suspects are now in custody, police announced Monday.
The four people injured are being treated at local hospitals, police said. South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and the U.S. Marshalls are taking part in the investigation.
The officials did not comment on the shooter’s motive.
The business serves as a sports bar and musical venue, according to its Facebook page.
Hartsville is in northeastern South Carolina, about 21 miles from the city of Florence.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.