TIME executive editor Dan Macsai paid tribute to leaders of tomorrow “who defy odds every day” at the TIME 100 Next event Thursday night.
In his opening remarks, Macsai highlighted several of the members of the TIME 100 Next list, including Hong Kong protest leader Edward Leung and Ugandan musician and opposition leader Bobi Wine, along with sexual assault survivors’ advocate Amanda Nguyen.
Read the full transcript of Macsai’s remarks below:
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time