Millions of players worldwide logged onto YouTube, Twitch and Twitter to watch their favorite gaming stars play “The End,” an event to mark the end of the game’s tenth season, on Sunday afternoon. But at 2 p.m. E.T., the entire setting of the game “exploded,” leaving only a black hole in outerspace for the rest of the day.
While we’re still not sure what Fortnite is brewing up, gamers at least had memes to help soften the blow.
Eventually, some goofy games appeared in front of the black hole, but players couldn’t believe that their favorite activity was off.
As of Monday morning, the game remains paused.
“Hour 6 of the Fortnite black hole… we’re losing our minds,” wrote one popular Fortnite player, @Nicks, on Twitter.
Other video game streamers and Fortnite fans were just sad to be missing out on their beloved game.
One player was pleased with the break because he was able to fall in love with his dog all over again.
Tyler “Ninja” Blevins, a TIME 100 alumnus and one of the most visible faces of the gaming community, had to get in on the fun, too.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy