The parody of Billie Eilish’s monster hit “Bad Guy” is here and it’s abundantly clear that this was one bop ripe for the ol’ dad-ode treatment.
Eilish officially dethroned Lil Nas X at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart with the hypnotic “Bad Guy,” effectively putting Lil Nas’ uninterrupted 19-week “Old Town Road” streak to rest. That makes her the first musician born in this century to snag the top spot.
On Wednesday, reddit user r/FunkTurkey shared his take of Eillish’s attitude-filled hit with a video in the vein of Weird Al.
“White shirt/now red/that’s taco sauce/eating/just sitting on my phone,” the music video begins, and it only gets more relatable for dads from there. The low-budget video sees a father living that dad life. One beautiful mundane thing to note: He wears one pair of sneakers. And he wears them to everything. Respect.
The chorus hews very close to the source material in sound if not in spirit. And one thing is obvious: A father jogging to goth trap never looked so good.
Enjoy the “Dad Guy” spin on the earworm below.
And here’s the original while you’re here.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up