Emilia Clarke shared an emotional tribute to mark the end of the wildly popular series just hours before the finale.
“Finding the words to write this post has left me overwhelmed with how much I want to say but how small words feel in comparison to what this show and Dany have meant to me,” the heartfelt caption begins. “The mother of dragons chapter has taken up the whole of my adult life. This woman has taken up the whole of my heart.”
The Instagram post shared with Clarke’s 23 million followers includes two group photos of the tight cast, a photo of her iconic silvery-blonde wig and a black-and-white selfie.
Clarke’s intense message honoring the eight-season series comes as her character is set to reckon with the aftermath of what’s happened to King’s Landing just prior to Sunday’s much-anticipated finale.
The actor has built quite the fan base since Game of Thrones first aired on HBO in 2011, and Clarke’s post not only honors the series but serves as a love letter to her millions of fans.
“But to you, dear kind magical fans, I owe you so much thanks, for your steady gaze at what we’ve made and what I’ve done with a character that was already in the hearts of many before I slipped on the platinum wig of dreams,” she wrote. “Without you there is no us. And now our watch has ended.”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.