Star Trek‘s original Spock, Leonard Nimoy, tweeted Thursday that fans should stop smoking now. Nimoy revealed that he has COPD on Jan. 29 after worried fans asked about a photo taken of him in which he’s in a wheelchair wearing an oxygen mask.
COPD is a chronic respiratory disease caused by smoking that has no cure. Since opening up about his disease, Nimoy has encouraged followers on social media to stop smoking as soon as possible so as not to suffer the consequences later.
Nimoy ends all of his tweets with “LLAP” or “live long and prosper,” his character’s catchphrase from the Star Trek series.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears