Warning: This post contains spoilers for Game of Thrones season 8.
With just two episodes to go before Game of Thrones‘ eighth and final season comes to a close, it seems like the show is gearing up to turn Daenerys Targaryen into the Mad Queen she has always feared becoming. And a new batch of photos that HBO released on Wednesday appears to contain hints to that effect.
Following the deaths of both Rhaegal and Missandei in episode four, “The Last of the Starks,” Daenerys looked ready to unleash her one remaining dragon and army on King’s Landing at any moment. But with Jon Snow and the remainder of her forces still on their way south, it appears that Dany will retreat to Dragonstone to wait for reinforcements in episode five.
But that doesn’t mean she’s going to be any less angry when the time for vengeance does come. One new shot shows the Mother of Dragons peering mournfully out of a window in the Chamber of the Painted Table and looking more disheveled than we’ve seen her in many seasons, perhaps signaling that her state of mind is deteriorating.
Other photos show Jon and Davos arriving at King’s Landing while Harry Strickland, the leader of the Golden Company, makes another appearance.
See the new episode five photos below.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023