The trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog finally dropped. And people have latched onto one aspect in particular: the CGI Sonic tricker’s humanlike teeth he gets in the film.
Based on the iconic video game character, the movie uses CGI to make the character come alive, but some Twitter users can only focus on this dude’s mouth.
The movie stars Jim Carrey and James Marsden, with Sonic voiced by Ben Schwartz, the actor made famous for playing Jean-Ralphio in Parks and Recreation. But even the star-studded cast couldn’t stop viewers of the film’s first trailer, which released Tuesday, from staring at Sonic’s teeth, the real talking point. One user wanted to know “why are Sonic the Hedgehog’s teeth better than mine?”
“Good morning to absolutely everyone and everything other than live action Sonic the Hedgehog’s creepy human teeth,” one user wrote on Twitter.
Sonic the Hedgehog hits theaters this fall. Watch the full trailer below — and judge the teeth for yourself.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year