The trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog finally dropped. And people have latched onto one aspect in particular: the CGI Sonic tricker’s humanlike teeth he gets in the film.
Based on the iconic video game character, the movie uses CGI to make the character come alive, but some Twitter users can only focus on this dude’s mouth.
The movie stars Jim Carrey and James Marsden, with Sonic voiced by Ben Schwartz, the actor made famous for playing Jean-Ralphio in Parks and Recreation. But even the star-studded cast couldn’t stop viewers of the film’s first trailer, which released Tuesday, from staring at Sonic’s teeth, the real talking point. One user wanted to know “why are Sonic the Hedgehog’s teeth better than mine?”
“Good morning to absolutely everyone and everything other than live action Sonic the Hedgehog’s creepy human teeth,” one user wrote on Twitter.
Sonic the Hedgehog hits theaters this fall. Watch the full trailer below — and judge the teeth for yourself.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving